Tuesday, May 21, 2013

30 isn't so bad!

     As cliche as this is going to sound, your 20's is really about finding out who you are...trying different things, exploring who you are, finding out what you do and don't like and really figuring out your faith.  I turned 30 last year and finally feel like I am settling into adulthood and am comfortable with being who I am...a strong Christian women, wife, runner, dance instructor and a devoted mom!  I love who I am, who I have become and who God has shaped me to be.  I don't think I would be ready for this point in my life "the waiting room of life" without the last 10 years of exploration.
     I got saved about 2 months before Craig and I started dating...so in the last 11, almost 12 years that I have been a Christian, God has put several different women in my life, to help shape and mold me into who he wants me to be.  As sad as I am that I don't stay in touch with some of those women anymore, God used them to change me and make me into who I am!  Of course, I know God isn't done teaching me nearly what he wants to, is he ever?  
     I got asked a very interesting question a couple of weeks ago by one of those women:  What are my passions?  Besides, running, dance, being a mom, and a wife...what are the things that really get me excited.   I have spent some time really thinking about it and exploring what makes my heart happy.  I have come to two conclusions: reading and writing.  I have always loved to read...I have a collection of books and just love what it can do for the imagination!  Going somewhere, exploring different ideas, and living in someone else's shoes, just excites me!  And writing...just the thought of writing, getting my thoughts down on paper so I can see it and share it with others, again, just excites me.  
  I don't know what that is going to look like or how God is going to guide that, but I am excited to see!  I come from writers...my great grandpa was a writer and had one of his books published, and my mom used to write.  Right after I got saved I was prophesied over that I would write.  Now it's time to explore my writing and how that is going to happen...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment