Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer Ideas!

Well, stay at home moms...our hardest three months is upon us.  The 2012-2013 school year has come to a close and not summer vacation is here!  If your children are like Silena she wants to be outside and not stuck inside like it's the middle of winter....so here are some of the ideas I came up with to keep her and the little one busy during the summer:

1. I bought a treasure chest type box from Wal-mart and am working on putting some fun activities in their that can only be played with on rainy days(art projects, crayons and markers, and new books).

2.  I also came up with a bunch of "rainy day" field trips that we could take that doesn't cost a lot of money and they are in an envelope.  If we decide that we need to take a field trip then we reach in their and pick one out without looking and it's a surprise!

3.  I also have another envelope with a bunch of fun big activities that we can do at home(build a tent and fake fire with smores, go play in the rain, hide and seek, game day, movie afternoon, etc.).  We would reach in their without looking again and it would be another surprise.

4.  The other thing I do with her, and I have done this since she was 2, is summer school.  I choose not to send her to summer school, but I do it with her at home.  I choose what is done and then I will also throw in some educational field trips as well.  A faith lesson is also included in this!

5.  The last thing I do is have a schedule.  I know not everybody likes a schedule but I think it helps kids not to get bored.  If their activities are switched and then it works different parts of the brain as well.

This won't work for everybody, but these are just some things I came up with...not only to help keep the kids stimulated, but it keeps me from getting bored as well:)  Happy Summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment