Friday, February 3, 2017

Words...aren't they great!!!!


     I love quotes...I think they can be very insightful.  Quotes should make us think and challenge us to think deeper and bigger.
     I have been praying everyday that God just show up for me...I have been feeling since the new year that something big is going to happen this year.  I don't mean big bad...but, big good!  He has shown up for me almost daily in unexpected and sometimes hilarious ways.  Today I saw this and had to take a picture of it...(well, I would show you, but I can't figure out how to post a picture.)
                   
                             Always believe something wonderful is about to happen!

     I like this one...actually found it on a gas station wall.  Kind of strange..it actually caught me off guard.  Like I said, God has been showing up in sometimes hilarious ways.  I like this one because in the chaos of life this one can remind us to always look for the good and believe that life can bring about positive things.
     I have a board on Pinterest just for quotes...words that make me think.  Sentences and phrases that can remind me what life is really about or help with putting life in perspective.  Here's one, I just found, on Pinterest...from Lysa TerKeurst:
     
                       Any woman who wishes to be used by God must be willing to 
                                                   honor God no matter what.

     I like the truth of this one.  We as woman, sometimes, have to be the rock in our families.  Sometimes, life just grabs our children and husbands and yanks them around a bit and they need our support and prayers.  Especially, at this point, we need to be used by God to help our families, and we also, at this point need to honor God no matter what.  That means ignoring the world and diving into the word.

                      There is a reason God didn't put eyes in the back of our heads.  
                      Stop turning around, continue moving forward and have faith
                      that God has your back.

      I found this one this morning.  This one, particularly, made me think.  It is so true.  Sometimes, we get so caught up in the past...people, events, things that did or didn't happen, our childhood etc.  We forget that we need to keep moving and looking forward.  I believe God wants to show us favor and grace and the only he can do that is if we let go of the past and try our best to move forward.

I could go on probably for the next week posting quotes and the reasons I like them. However, I should probably not make this too long.  Go check some out for yourself!

See you next time😘

                     
               

No comments:

Post a Comment