Saturday, December 7, 2013

The right Spirit

     Well, I haven't posted in months...again!  That is because I have been extremely busy and preoccupied.  Our house finally sold and the 6 weeks in between accepting the offer and closing was crazy.  More to come on that as soon as I remember all the God moments that happened, lets just say, it's a miracle we are in a new house!
     As we approach the Christmas season, lets all remember to actually say "Merry Christmas."  No matter who you are talking to and no matter who it offends, we celebrate Christmas for one reason and one reason only...Jesus!  I am sure if he wasn't born, humans would have come up with another crazy holiday to celebrate.  We have to remind people, especially in today's self centered world what the holiday is all about.  Even if that means doing little things...paying for the coffee for the person behind you, letting the person behind you go first to pay because they have less items, or even donating a little extra to help teach the next generation to give.
     Not to brag or say you have to do this...but my family and I have started a "mission jar."  Back in the summer when Silena was in VBS she brought home a piece of paper saying $.07/day would feed a starving child here in America!  Isn't that crazy?  I approached my husband and we both thought it was a great idea to start that.  So every week, usually Sunday night, we all get together $.50 put it in the jar and then we all pray over it!  Then around Christmas we will decide all together to donate it to someone or a charity.  There was about two months, late summer and early fall, where we just completely forgot and then we finally remembered we owed the jar $16.00!  Between the change I had, Silena had and Craig had...we found exactly the right amount to put in the jar, I love when that kind of thing happens!  I love when God shows up right at the right moment...Silena still talks about that. 
     My point is this, find small ways to teach each other and especially the next generation that Christmas is truly about the Savior and not what you get:)

No comments:

Post a Comment