Thursday, September 25, 2014

Getting to know me...

I have been active all my life, I started dancing when I was 7.  I was forced to go on bike rides while my dad ran...have to be honest, most of he time I enjoyed it!  In college I danced everyday and sometimes multiple times per day.  I started working out shortly before graduating college because I knew not dancing and only teaching would reek havoc on my body.  I started running and weight training in 2005 and have been doing it ever since. 
     Ever since I can remember I have had a very strong desire to eat and cook healthy things.  Even as a teenager, I wanted to eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle.  Besides dance, I would get up before school and workout with my dad...TaeBo...it was the 90's;) I love cooking and making healthy recipes and dinners for my family and recommending stuff for others to try.  Now, mind you, my family and I do have our indulgences...just not all the time!
     I have been told in the past by several people that I should seriously consider getting my personal training certificate.  I have also been told that I should become a nutritionist because I am very good with food and knowing healthy options.  So in the last few weeks I have finally decided to actually do it!  I have to wait till next summer though, as we are working to pay some debt off. 
     In the meantime, I have decided to use my blog as an avenue to start giving advice.  I am NOT promising anything.  I do NOT have a license and I am NOT certified.  I am merely shooting out advice that I have learned over the last 9 years working out and running.  There are a lot of other great blogs/information out there that will be better and more up to date. 
     I am doing this blog because I have prayed and believe this is the avenue that God has opened up for me.  Also, because a lot of my friends have asked for advice and instead of telling the same thing over and over again..I would put it in one place!  Please don't be afraid to NOT follow my advice and please feel free to ask questions.  Anything you ask or discuss on this site will remain here.
     The last thing...if you have NEVER worked out or have any medical condition please check with your doctor before beginning anything.  Remember, I am not a licensed nutritionist/personal trainer, yet:)

*Look for a new post tomorrow!*

No comments:

Post a Comment