Thursday, October 11, 2012

My new favorite...

I think every new fork in the road that God walks us through he gives us either a verse, song, quote or someone that is going to be our strength through that rough time!  It has been true for me in the last 11 years since I have been saved!  Usually it's a verse...however, this time it's a song and it's by Sanctus Real!  The title is Whatever You're Doing...
For this whole entire year our life has been a whirlwind...
1. we listed our house on the market in January
2. bought a new jeep in April
3. became licensed foster parents
4. had 4 foster children in one month(2 at a time, stayed for a week each)
5. got a full time foster child
6. have had tons of showings and open houses
7. found Silena's dairy allergy
8. medicine quite working for craig and I
....and I forgot to mention became youth directors!

This whole entire year has been nothing but a waiting game and a very uncertain waiting game!  But like the song says as much as I feel my world has been turned upside down I know God is doing something bigger than me, something heavenly.  I also know that he has a plan and all the things listed above will be worked out in his time...as much as my daily life is chaos right now...there is also peace! 
Some of you have asked how we are going to deal with the fact that our foster child may be reunified with his parents, my theory is, that is what he deserves!  Will it be hard...absolutely!  My family and I have fallen in love with this child and we feel he has become a part of our life.  If this happens God will be right there and he will offer us the grace and mercy to grieve the loss of this child.  I have definitely had my share of bad days the last couple of weeks, but I keep feeling God telling me this....We need to feel honored that he picked us, out of all the foster parents in portage county, to be a part of his story!
As we all go through different "forks in the road" God gives us whatever he feels will help us the most and the best way that he can let us know he is here guiding us through these situations:)

P.S. Please pray that the best decision is made in the case of our foster child

No comments:

Post a Comment