Friday, October 19, 2012

Pinterest...need I say more!

     I really try to limit my time on the computer...really, I do!  But when it comes to pinterest I could spend hours!  I have to watch the time and limit myself when I am on there.  Besides the DIY stuff, holiday decor ideas, recipes, clothes...okay I could go on!  I love the quotes that I find, the sarcastic ones, the funny ones, and of course, the quotes from the bible.  The one I found yesterday rang true for me and so I wanted to make sure to share it: 
     "Because when everything else is chaotic and out of my control, my RUN is mine!"  I think it is important that we all have at least one thing in life that we can do when we are stressed or we need a "therapy" session.  For me that is either dancing and these days running.  When I was younger and was dancing 2-3 times a week, dance was my therapy.  If I was frustrated, mad or sad I would start class not knowing what to do, about the problem or situation, by the time class was finished I would have an answer.  For the last 5 years my therapy has been running, I know crazy! 
     In the last 5 years things at times have been very chaotic and out of control(to me, I know, not to God) but when I go for a run, for however long I am going for...life for me falls into place and it is peaceful.  I get to control how long I am gone, how long I go for, and how fast!  Not to mention, the time I am gone, I can talk to him and pray and listen to worship music that helps me to focus on what he would want me to do.
     I think that is the hard thing for Christians, yes, we gave our lives to Christ, but then to actually be out of control is hard!  Therefore, I believe God gave each one of us one or several things we can do to help us stay focused on him and his promises.  Sometimes, I think he even gives us things, like pinterest, just to make us happy!  If we find our, peace in the midst of chaos, it makes it that much easier to let go of the bigger things...the things HE NEEDS to control:)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment