Friday, September 16, 2011

God's Vision for me!

     From the time I can remember I have had a heart for adoption.  Every time there was a show on t.v. about the subject I would be front and center.  I even talked about adoption with Craig before we got married and he said we could adopt but after biological children.  Well, that was our plan!
     After about a year and a half of trying to conceive on our own we decided to go into foster care in hopes of adopting.  Within, two weeks, of starting the classes we found out about a little girl.  This little girl was 18 months old, biracial and was in need of a permanent home. They also said she might have some emotional issues because of her birth family.  That's okay we said, God can take care of that.
     I have had visions of what I wanted to happen in my life since I was a little girl.  I wanted to go to college: graduated with a B.A. in 2005, I wanted to be married and have our first kid by the time I was 25: got married at 21 and we got our daughter when I was 24.  I wanted to be in the Nutcracker: my first performance was December of 1997.  There was also another significant vision that I can remember: I wanted a biracial little girl, I wanted to adopt and I wanted to save a child's life.  But I certainly didn't know how I was going to do all that! 
     After the county looked at 10 different homes in the state that were qualified they decided because we DIDN'T have any other children then we could give Silena the time and attention that she needed.  The thing is...counties don't look at people who don't have a foster license.  We were only 2 weeks into a 4 week class.  Coincedence?????
The first full weekend we had her for visitation was mother's day and the first official weekend she moved in was father's day.  And between those visits she would cry every time she had to leave.  I knew in my heart what it was doing to her and I could do nothing...but be patient.
We were told by the county: only refer to her as your foster daughter, don't get attached(too late)..this is a high risk placement.  Which means they still had the choice to move her, however, our gut said she was ours.  So we very quickly taught her that we were mama and daddy!
It took until the end of September to finalize termination of right with her birthparents.  At this time she became in the legal custody of the state, however, we then got to proceed with adoption paperwork. 
Silena Alexandra became our legal and precious daughter on December 20, 2007!  And she just turned 6..it's so hard to believe that she has grown this much.  I am in complete awe at the work God has done in her:)

Lesson: God always gives you the desires of your heart, just in his perfect timing!

Psalm 37:4- Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.



P.S. The other vision I have had since I was a child was giving birth to twins...uh oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment