Thursday, September 15, 2011

Godwinks

This past weekend was hard for my family and I as we lost someone pretty awesome. 
"Godwinks" as Squire Rushnell calls them in his book When God winks at you, are little coincidences or winks from God, letting you know He is there with you. 
I got the news on Thursday afternoon that my grandma (mom's stepmom), had a brain aneryism the weekend before and things were not looking good.  My mom called and said she leaving Friday morning to drive to Indiana to see her, and she was giving me the option of going.  I was so mad...How dare my grandma not see me for 7 years and the first time I get to see her is on her death bed!  I was furious.  Then my husband came home...
He talked to me and basically told me I would highly regret it if I didn't go.  So I prayed that God would give me a "wink" to let me know he was there.  We get to South Bend, Indiana about 4 pm and the nurse comes in and says they were going to pull life support about 6pm.  Boy, I'm glad I came, is my first thought.  Shortly after this my aunt informs us that my grandma was very much ready to leave this earth.  She had fought cancer twice and a stroke shortly before the anerysm.  She had talked to my grandma some weeks before and my grandma had told her that she made her peace with God.  Now, I am not naive, I know that can mean any number of things but to me that is something I needed to hear.  Something that told me I would see her again! 
The next "wink" I got was that my aunt then told us that my grandpa's memory was going bad and he was having a lot of trouble remembering people and things.  Well, not when I was there!  He remembered the fact that my dad is a captain for a commercial airline, he asked how my husband was doing by name, he asked if I was still dancing, asked about my daughter and remembered the fact she was adopted and last...he remembered it was my mom's birthday! 
My grandma passed away about 9:45pm Friday night...within 10 minutes of getting her wedding and cut off and went to see Jesus!
On the way back to my mom's mom's house my aunt had told me that "don't be surprised if next time grandpa doesn't remember anything!"  My only thought was that I was not going to let her take my 2 moments from me that I needed at that time.
Here's the lesson: Don't let someone else take your "Godwink" moment.  If you feel God has given you what you asked for then stand on it and don't let the enemy steal it from you! 

James 4:7-Submit yourselves, then to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you!

Look for a Godwink today!

No comments:

Post a Comment