Wednesday, September 28, 2011

No Excuses!

     I decided to write from a coffee shop today.  I am having lunch and sitting in the sun and enjoying probably what is going to be few and far in between.  It's a gorgeous fall day...I have never enjoyed fall more!       Does this sound familiar: I don't have time, I am too scared, That is too hard, That is out of my comfort zone, I don't feel like it...etc. etc.
     We all make excuses for things that we don't want to do.  Or we decide because it is a challenge not to even try.  I was teaching my dance classes last night and I decided to teach my dancers the word perseverance...Try and try and never give up. 
     Is that what God wants us to do?  Is too give up when things get too hard and challenging?  We use excuses like they are some cure for a disease.  If God challenges us at something then that means we can handle it and all we have to ask for is boldness and confidence from him to complete whatever he needs from us.  What if the next thing he has for you(even if it's a challenge) could lead you to your dream job, but you decide it's too difficult and challenging to even try.  God wants to give us what we want but we have to be willing to step out of our comfort zone and trust him!  We also have to quit making excuses like we know ourselves better than God...there is no one in this world that knows us better!

That's it for today!  Try going one day wihout making an excuse and just being honest with yourself as to why you decided not to try something.  See what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment