Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Worst Call!

This post is a little late this morning...sorry, I like to sleep in on Saturdays!  I hope you enjoy!

     We had just celebrated our one year anniversary in the same hotel and room we had spent our wedding night in..enjoying the jacuzzi and eating the top layer of our wedding cake.  My husband also planned to take us to a pizza restaurant because that is where we met, at a pizza place!
     Well, a few weeks later I was doing the dishes in the middle of the afternoon when the phone rang.  "Honey, there has been a really bad accident at work and I am in the emergency room."  I threw the dish towel down and ran to my aunts house, she only lives a block away and she drove me to the hospital.  On the way there I called his parents and my aunt and I prayed.
     It took me a few days to fully understand what had happened: Craig and his company were building a storage unit complex.  On this particular day they were putting tresses on, his boss and one coworker were standing on top of the walls and Craig was in the middle of the tresses.  They were about half way done when the crane lifting the next tress snapped and the tress dropped creating a domino effect sending three out of four walls and all the tresses to the ground and guess who came down with the building?  His boss and coworker jumped off as the building collapsed, but because it came down so quick Craig didn't have time to get down.  By the time all was said and done, Craig landed on the bottom of tresses and three walls and on top of a concrete floor!
     We got to the hospital and the doctors said they thought he had a broken leg, a broken back and a broken neck!  I am still in complete shock at this point about what was happening.  So the doctors did around 2-3 hours of testing: mri's, cat scans, blood work, and x-rays.  Then they came back with the diagnosis...what did they find?  NOTHING!  Other than the fact that his blood pressure was obviously very high, they found no broken bones, or internal injuries.  The only thing that was wrong was because of the tremendous amount of pressure that was on his legs he had to walk on crutches until his legs fully recovered.  As we left the hospital that afternoon, hearing my husband scream in pain as the blood rushed back to his legs(because he had laid on a stretcher for 6 hours), I realized what a happy sound that was!  At least my husband was alive to scream!
     As for his boss and coworker...one shattered his foot and the other one fractured his neck!  My husband was on the bottom, of basically, a whole entire building but he ended up with no injuries...coincedence?????


Lesson: That no matter the situation God will always provide the help and protection we need.

Ps. 121:1-2-I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment