Thursday, November 10, 2011

Always Listen!

     So todays lesson is one that I don't think any of us learn until it's too late...
     Yesterday was the first snowfall of the year!  It was so beautiful and kind of nice knowing it's only weeks away from Thanksgiving.  I went to workout, like a usual weekday morning and after I was done I was going to go and donate plasma.  By the time I was done it was snowing heavier and the roads were starting to get slick.  I thought I would be fine because I had a half hour to get to the other side of town and if I just went slow then I would be okay.  Yeah, well I got in my car and my gut immediately told me...you are a block away from home just go home...didn't listen!
     I got about 2 miles away from home and slipped just a little and again my gut told me "turn around and go home"...still didn't listen!  As I went another mile or so my gut was practically screaming at me...by this time it was too late.  I hit a slippery patch in the road, proceeded in doing a donut ended up in the oncoming traffic lanes and while trying to get my car back to my side of the road, it couldn't get any traction.  Another car came and as she turned to avoid me we hit and she proceeded to drive up on the sidewalk and hit a mailbox.  
     We both got out of our vehicles unharmed and our vehicles only had minor damage...her hubcaps were cracked and her drivers side mirror broke when she hit the mailbox.  And my bumper will need to be replaced.  The "Godwink" of this story...there were no witnesses to the accident!  Which means only one thing...we were the only two cars on the road at the time of the accident. 

Lesson:  When your gut tells you more than once the same thing...take into consideration what it is telling you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment