Monday, November 7, 2011

Proverbs

     I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend...I did and it ended great with the Packers having another fantastic win.  Although if they keep making me have a heart attack at each game with stupid moves, I may have to jump into the screen and kick some butt:)
     As I proceed with my bible reading...I am finding Proverbs to be very uplifting and bold.  I think besides Job it is probably my favorite book.  I am on Proverbs 20 but on Saturday, I was reading through the earlier chapters and I found Proverbs 12 to be extremely funny but, oh so clear!
    
Proverbs 12: Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid!
     I don't think God could have been anymore clear, we are supposed to follow the rules, follow good examples because he set these rules and examples in place for a reason.  We don't know better than him..he already knows the consequeces and he is trying to give us a chance to avoid those consequences.  If we don't we are just plain stupid!  Also if we follow rules and set the example for others that means we are never past learning something new, and this in turn will keep us humble:)

No comments:

Post a Comment