Saturday, November 19, 2011

Isaiah

     I think the book of Isaiah is an awesome book.  Especially Isaiah 40:28-29!  Let me tell you what those verses are:
     Do you not know? Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired and weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
     I think what God wants us to take from this is no matter our situation we have hope and we have strength.  The situation may be hard and it be tough to walk through it but with God as our strength we will have power no matter the situation.
     I remember those tough years with Silena.  The days it seemed the tantrums never ended..those days where all I said was boo and she would go into a rage.  Some of you may be saying, "well, kids throw tantrums."  These weren't your normal toddler tantrums...they would result in her room being completely destroyed, hitting, kicking, screaming, spitting and sometimes even getting peed on.  I look back now and the only reason I made it through those and came out stronger is because God was increasing my power and he was my strength when I was weak.
     We can never understand why he has us go through the "stuff" we do here on earth, but we can know that he will be right there with us giving us power when we are weak and strength when we are weary:)

No comments:

Post a Comment