Sunday, November 20, 2011

They will not leave...

     I know I wrote about this yesterday but I think the book of Isaiah is really cool and insightful.  Today's verse is Isaiah 59:21:
     "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the Lord.  "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on forever," says the Lord.
     How awesome is that...the Lord had every intention of these words to go into our hearts and pass them on to future generations.  The bible is not given to us to sit on a shelf and collect dust, these words are to be used in our daily life.  These words are to be taught to our children so they know how to act and react to situations while growing up.
     I also think the first sentence is quite insightful...covenant is an agreement or promise!  That means this is the Lords promise to us that if we follow his word and accept it as truth then he promises us the world:)

No comments:

Post a Comment