Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Being Thankful!

     I have always known about God and have always been raised in the church.  I grew up Catholic and even though I didn't have a clue about why we did half the things we did I loved going and loved learning about God.  In fact I think I was the only high school kid who loved going to CCD, but of course, I played it up with my friends because I wanted to fit in so bad.
     I continued going to church when I went to college and I just went to a small campus church that had mostly college kids and then a few older adults.  My dad came and picked me up one easter weekend and we went to that church for Good Friday before we left.  It meant so much to me that he would take the time to invest in where I was going and that he was proud of my continued pursuit of my religion. 
     This Thanksgiving I am thankful for my parents who started taking me to church when I was born and always instilled in me what an important part of life that is!  I am also very thankful that I live someplace where I can talk about my love of Jesus openly and honestly:)

No comments:

Post a Comment