Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Habbakkuk

     As I finished up the old testament over the weekend a scripture verse in Habbakkuk has become my favorite:
     Habb. 3:18-19...Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.  The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.
     What I took from this, especially this time of year is we have to remember to praise God for what he has done for us.  I don't mean just the everyday blessings or the tremendous miracles he has done. 
     The best thing he ever did for us is have a son that would evuantually take the ultimate sacrifice.  If it were not for this gift being born we would not have this time of year.  We celebrate the birth of Jesus because God was willing to have a son who would forgive us for our sins and mistakes!  We must praise God for that, for him to bless us with this awesome holiday...because don't forget we also have Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment