Thursday, December 22, 2011

     I have made it....the Book of Revelation!  There were points in the last three months where I got bored out of my mind reading parts of it and there were points where I honestly wanted to quit.  I am glad I didn't...the things the Lord showed me through reading HIS word are priceless.
     I have learned how truly amazing his love is, like when he kept giving the Israelites chance and chance and they still refused to listen.  It made me mad just reading it...come on already, just stop causing trouble, was my thought.  But it's just like kids isn't it?  We as parents are saying just stop already and you won't have to get into trouble.  The Lord truly loves us with patience, grace and mercy.
     Another thing He showed me was how much he wants to do awesome things for us.  I have always heard lots of scripture to stand on and think about when I am facing trial, but to actually see this same scripture in context has grown my faith to no end.  Every time I have a thought that I know is not from God I have a TON of scripture now to lean on and recite. 
     Not only do I have scripture, but now I can see all the miracles performed and done so people would believe and see that God was real.  It just shows what he can and will do for the people who love him. 
     I am so glad I did this and am looking forward to reading the last book...I am so glad I was able to spend these last three months so intently seeking after God!

No comments:

Post a Comment