Friday, December 23, 2011

Take a minute!

     The excitement in my house is brewing!  My princess made a Christmas chain in school and therefore she knows the exact number of days till Christmas.  Which I honestly thought it would get annoying, but it is rather cute.  She knows what night "Santa" is coming and told me last night that the only thing she hopes Santa brings her are Figit Friends...do I understand the big deal of these...nope!  But guess what, she is getting these, which means her grandparents are pretty much off the hook.  Anything beyond these she will love and will be an added bonus. 
     I remember getting this excited for Christmas and always putting at least one thing on my list that I was hoping and praying that I would get.  And now I understand why my "Santa" would always get excited and have the video camera going every Christmas morning...thanks a lot by the way!  I remember getting my first Nutcracker when I was eight and the excitement is just as high 21 years later whenever I get a nutcracker. 
     My point is to really enjoy the last few days...pick out one or two things this Christmas just to take a minute to enjoy.  Whether it be that you were blessed with money to give to the people you love, or given the ability to bake, or given the chance to bless a complete stranger, or watching your children get truly excited.  These are all things God wants us to remember this weekend. 
     Have a great Christmas and remember to take a minute to enjoy the little things:)

No comments:

Post a Comment