Thursday, December 15, 2011

Waiting...

     As I approach my final week in the quest to read the best book ever written, I came upon a very cool verse!  It is from Romans 8: 24-25:
     For in this hope we were saved.  But hope that is seen is no hope at all.  Who hopes for what he already has?  But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.  I find this verse so intriguing.  The verse before that said that we are in anticipation of eagerly waiting to be adopted into God's kingdom and the redemption of our bodies. 
     Isn't it true?  We never hope for things we have, because of course, what's the point!  I hope for a house...oh, wait I already have one.  I hope for a great job..oh, wait I have one of those too.  I hope for great friends...oh, wait I have those too.  It is kind of goofy to hope for the things we have..unless of course we don't appreciate the things we have.  God wants us to hope for the things unseen!  That is where faith comes in, waiting for the things that God has promised but not quite shown us yet.  He wants us to continue waiting patiently for his promises to be revealed but also to remember that hope is giving him glory and honor in the mean time?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment