Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Making the difference!

     Sometimes, God puts us in a leadership role and we are asked to inspire, train and reach whoever we are leading.  We work hard and do everything we are asked and it just seems we may not be making a difference.  Let me give a new perspective:
     Since about the second week of dance classes I decided I wanted to teach my classes a "word of the day."  This word is meant only to plant a seed and inspire my dancers to be more than they think they can be.  Every week we discuss a word that I pick: integrity, persevereance, responsibility, respect, humility, generousity, etc.  Of course, we have had a lot more than that, but that is just a few.  Now it doesn't matter age or capability of understanding...which, yes it means I even do this with my four year olds!
     Well, a couple weeks I was stretching with my four year olds and one of them said it was too hard.  Somebody else yelled out perseverance!  Then later on in class when I was explaining that we had to keep our tap shoes quiet, someone else yelled out respect!  I honestly didn't think my four year olds would grasp these concepts.  It is quite advanced and I was just doing it because they seemed to enjoy it and it is always good to teach little kids big, apropriate words.
     These dancers not only remembered the words but used them in the correct context!  You see, even when we think that what we do can't make a difference, or we only see whoever we are leading for an hour a week, it can make a difference.  As long as we plant the seed then God will make sure to sow that seed:)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment