Friday, October 14, 2011

Challenge Friday!

     Our pastor has been giving a series of messages on Faith.  Last week he talked about how in order to get our faith in our hearts we have to get it in our minds first.  Which means we have to discipline our minds and our thoughts!  And you thought discipline was just for your children:)  How do we do that you ask?  Here is what I am going to do and this is my challenge to you today...
     God says to hide his word in our hearts so that when the enemy strikes we have his word to stand on.  Knowing that, I went to Walmart and got some index cards.  I am going to write a different scripture on each card and start memorizing them!  At first I am going to read them probably 2-3 times a day to really give my thoughts a good kick in the pants and then hopefully I will only have to do it 1 time a day.
     My challenge is that you do the same thing!  Whether you are struggling with anything or not, it is a great thing to have absolute truth to stand on when those thoughts start to pester you.  Besides our thoughts, let give the enemy a little kick in the pants as well...

Have a great weekend!  I will not be posting anything new till Monday because I will be out of town till Sunday night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment