Thursday, October 6, 2011

Some are like family

     God gave us each a family...whether your family was good or not so good, we each have one.  We learn good and bad habits, good and bad lessons, how to act or not to act.  Memories and traditions are created and either passed on or forgotten.  Despite our childhood, whether a good example or not, some of our greatest lessons can be learned from our friends.
     I have always had a lot of friends.  Actually I kept the same friends from junior high through high school graduation.  As life goes, we have gone our separate ways...but still in keep in touch through facebook.  I went to college and made some great friends who taught me how to be independent.  They taught me I didn't need to call home and ask permission to do something.  They also taught me that I was in charge of my own life and that every decision I made from now on(whether good or bad) was going to effect my life.  I was also very shy when I went to college...yep, I know, it's hard to believe!  Well, it was very hard to play shy with these friends.  They refused to let me live in a bubble..which I am very grateful for!
     As soon as I moved home I lost those friends except one who I still stay in touch with.  My most meaningful friendships have been the ones I have made since I have gotten married.  They are the friends that have stuck by me and believed in me. 
     One friendship in particular has challenged me in ways I thought I wasn't ready for!  God has used this friend to teach me to spend more time with my family, more time with God and to depend on myself to do things and never make excuses.  God has also shown me that you can have a best friend and not see or talk to each other all week and when you see them again..it's like no time has past at all!  The best thing God has taught me through this friendship is no matter what you disagree on as long as God is the foundation of your friendship that he will make it grow and make the bond stronger.

Lesson: Even though our families are the first examples of love and truth, sometimes God will use your closest friends to teach you some important life lessons!


To my best friend: Thank you and I will always value the lessons God has taught me through you...I love you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment