Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Who would think?

     Craig and I have made a commitment to getting ourselves out of debt, saving for a family vacation to Florida and, of course, Christmas.  Well, that is easier said then done! 
     First we put our credit cards away and refuse to use them.  How can God fully provide for us (and provide extra) if we are relying on those stupid cards?  Then we were looking for some ways to make some extra money to help save for Christmas, Vacation and paying off debt.  So we decided one way was to put some items, we weren't interested in keeping, for sale on Craig's list.  The last thing we had heard about was about donating plasma.  Which could bring in a fair amount of extra income.  Alright I thought I will give it a shot!
     So I did...I made the appointment.  I thought well, if this is what God wants me to do then I will come through it with flying colors and have no problem at all.  The coolest thing I learned was that it really does help people.  I had no idea what plasma was or what it did in our body.  I found out that plasma helps people who have compromised immune systems and helps them to lead normal lives and provides the medicine that they need.  Which brings a whole new meaning to me doing it!  I now realize how important it is to donate and give to people who will be able to do the same things we take for granted.


Lesson: I get to help people and help save lives while providing some extra money for my family.  Can't get any better than that:)

Matthew 25:40- I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment