Saturday, October 1, 2011

My challenge for you

     Well...it's October 1st!  Who can believe that?  It is turning out to be a beautiful fall and gorgeous colors I might add:)  Here is my challenge for us as we slowly start ending another year.
     I don't know about you, but I love when people underestimate me!  I had trouble in school and no one thought I would go to college.  I did, loved it and graduated in 2005.  People often think because I am so tiny that I must be weak.  I have been told more than once in my aerobics class that I am a lot tougher than I look...hehehehe:)  I am going to run a half marathon with my dad, in January, in Disneyworld.  How long is that, is the first question I get.  Once I answer the only response I get is...your crazy!  When I tell people the newest challenge I am doing they are completely shocked...
     I plan on reading the entire bible from cover to cover by Christmas.  I found a bible that is entitled, Reading the bible in 90 days (or something like that).  It lays out an entire schedule for you.  It's a little intense but it's about 12 pages a day,  I can read it in about 45 minutes.  I started September 14 and I have made it through Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers!  Let me tell you there are a few books that are very hard to get through but I pushed through them. 
     This is my challenge for you, to join me!  I want to say I did it, and have people underestimate me!  The bible is the most important book to Christians and how many of us take the time to actually read it.  Most of the time we just read the scriptures that we need and that's it. 
     Think about it...how do you want to finish 2011?  Wouldn't it be cool if you could add reading the ENTIRE bible to your accomplishments this year.


Have a great Sunday!  Talk to you on Monday:)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment